So… I’m jumping on the bandwagon. Creating a little space for myself in the blogosphere. All the cool kids are doin’ it. Do you think the cool kids call it the “blogosphere”? Probably not.
I don’t want to set myself up for failure by making any bold statements about the frequency of my posting, but I hope to visit often. Life feels so busy and exciting right now that I don’t want to forget anything. Makes me think of Adam Duritz. “Maybe I should snap her up in a butterfly net, pin her down in a photograph album”. I DO love Adam.
A current snapshot of the blue sky:
- Wedding planning with K. Technically it’s not a wedding as neither the church or the state will recognize our union, but I stubbornly think of it as a wedding.
- Pending job changes. Will it be business or will it be psychology? Will it be tenure-track or non tenure track? Who knows? Wish I did.
- Hobby house hunting. We aren’t REALLY looking for a house, but we are having lots of fun pretending. Btw my career status and K’s lack of fellowship clarity, we don’t know where we will be in a few years. Probably not the best time to put down roots.
- Preparing for the “Summer of the Baby”. Four of our friends are expecting a total of five babies (twins!!) in the next few months. Babies are the new black.
- Reveling in my mothers’ recent use of the term “same-sex wedding”. Go Mom! My parents came to visit us last weekend and I still feel warm and fuzzy. We are all getting more comfortable with each other and I am SO grateful for that.