It’s time to stop thinking about this marriage and start planning a wedding. Ok, so here are the things that have been accomplished so far:
1. Save the Date magnets (fabulous) have been purchased and sent
2. The venue has been selected and reserved. The woman who is renting us the space (it’s a small art gallery) has also agreed to coordinate catering and flowers with downtown vendors. Very cool.
3. My ring has been purchased (but you knew that)
4. Photographer has been booked.
The tasks that are looming:
1. Select and purchase a ring for Toad
2. Pick and order invitations (we are making some progress here)
3. Mail invitations
4. Purchase Toad wedding garment. She tried on lots of different things in Atlanta and we’ve settled on an idea. She will wear nicely fitted pants, a non-boxy vest, and a button down shirt in a dressy fabric and a fun, lively color. This may or may not include a carefully selected and lovely tie. Still working on that part of the vision. The challenge here is that Toad is a small toad and I don’t want her to get lost in some kind of “Honey, I’m off to the office” kind of suit. She looks good and we need to find a garment (oh Tim Gunn, can you hear me?) that looks as good as she does. If you have any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them.
5. Purchase ravishing dress for the Professor. I plan to coordinate my color with her shirt. Not matchy-matchy, but coordinated. Perhaps royal blue or lavendar. We’ll see…
6. Secure officiant for the ceremony. We’ve begun conversations with the minister at our Unitarian fellowship, but we haven’t finalized anything.
Ok, so there you go. That’s where we stand. Onward and upward. And if anyone has Toad garment ideas/advice/thoughts, please let me know. Also thanks to my friend at Journal of a _________, for sharing what you did about your wedding. Most helpful!!