I am DYING to post wedding pictures, but we haven’t gotten final shots from the photographer so I’m being patient. So, I’m going to focus on things I DO have pictures of. Doesn’t that sound smart? 😉 So, what follows is a list of things I learned at Austin City Limits.
- Cowboy boots can and should be worn with anything and everything. I have never felt so strongly the need to dress myself in a calf length skirt and red cowboy boots. The impulse was quite strong.
- It is hot and dusty in Austin, TX.
- My wife is a hot little cowboy.
- Wine is available for purchase in a sports bottle. No, there isn’t a straw, but they do actually market it as a sports bottle. Have I mentioned that I am proud to be an American?
- Gnarls Barkley is absolutely nuts. Have you seen this guy? I can’t say that I’ve spent a lot of time with a 300 lb black man covered in tattoos and black eyeliner, but I think I might just be a better person for it.
- Conor Oberst is my new boyfriend. I couldn’t be more serious about this. We bought his new album and I love, love, love it. I love it so much that I am leaving you with a youtube video of him performing my favorite song from the album. It’s called Money Lenders Inside the Temple.
7. Tex-mex three times a day is a beautiful thing.