I am having the kind of day where I want to write, but my brain lacks coherence. The complete sentence eludes me. In with the bullet.
- My wife is moonlighting out-of-town this weekend and the house feels empty without her.
- After being ridiculously worried throughout the day, Gadget made it home in time for bed last night. I peeked out the front window before climbing into bed and there was a small black cat snuggled between the pumpkins on the front porch. If I hadn’t been so eager to see him, I would have had to snap a picture. The perfect Halloween shot.
- Scrapping feels good. I have spent the day in the basement and have made five pages so far. A book on tape in the background, Baker on the couch and Gadget curled up beside my paints. Love it. Good for the soul.
- Richard Nixon was a Quaker. How did I miss this memo?!! I learned this when we watched Frost/Nixon last weekend. Who knew? I didn’t.
- I have recently become obsessed with Goldfish. The cheddar snack fish. Yum. I am a kick kind of girl and right now my kick is Goldfish and dill pickles. Salt anyone?
- We have all but the official “sign your name on the dotted line” commitment from the employer of choice. They want my girl and it’s looking like Toad and the Professor will be making a move this summer.
- The Professor might not be a professor for much longer. I am considering a career change. I love teaching, but I don’t know how much longer I can stay in academia in research resistance mode. I’m looking into both teaching gigs and counseling programs in our new spot.
- We’re getting into Dexter around here. It took Toad a few episodes to really get into it, but now we’re both hooked. An interesting show.
- Top Chef isn’t the same since Ashley was voted off. It’s still a great show, but something is missing.
- I am getting so very excited about house hunting and home decorating. Cathi, the real estate agent that showed us around town when we went for the interview a while back, has set us up with email notifications for the neighborhoods that we like. So far, we haven’t seen THE ONE, but it’s fun to look.