We thought we had chosen somewhere that would be warmer for our late holiday vacation. I guess warmer is relative. Being at the beach when temps are in the 30’s is a new experience. We got a GREAT deal given that we are certainly not here during the peak season, but our visions of long beach walks have had to be revised. With a few days left before we head for home, here are the highlights so far:
- Yummy veggie pizza and Highland Gaelic Ale at a movie theater! Very cool. Sherlock Holmes turned out to be the low light of that theater experience. I do love Robert Downey Jr. though and he’s still my man.
- Reading in bed together. I LOVE that and Toad is finally reading actual books again. I got on the wait list for the new Dan Brown at the library and our number came up the day before we left for the trip! Perfect timing. So, she’s happily reading about Freemasons and conspiracies and I’m running around Sweden behind the girl with the dragon tattoo.
- Killing myself on the treadmill, taking a leisurely shower with the Aveda products they have here (yum!) and collapsing into a fabulous massage. The perfect way to start the day.
- Eating our way through town. I’ve managed to have crab cakes, oysters on the half shell, she-crab soup, yellowfin tuna, and flourless dark chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.
- Firefly Sweet Tea vodka. Wowza. Who knew?