- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- I carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tart green apple, peeled, cored, chopped (squash and apple should be at a 3 to 1 ratio)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper
- Combine butter, onion, celery, and carrot in large saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, apple, and broth. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Puree. Add spices to taste.