BAKE THESE COOKIES. I.mean.it. You NEED these cookies.
This is a recipe that comes courtesy of one of Toad’s new running friends. I don’t know what is up with the baking/foodie runners, but there seem to be lots of them. Who knew? In the last two weeks, I have made these cookies twice. They are delicious and very close to nutritious (for a cookie). They are also Vegan if you’re into that kind of thing. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or half whole-wheat/half all-purpose – all whole-wheat is too grainy)
- 1 1/3 cups oats (quick-cooking or rolled)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tbl honey
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbl ground flaxseeds
- 1 11.5oz pkg milk or dark chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through sugar) in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (oil through flax) in a large bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 batches.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper **Cookies will not spread, so feel free to put them an inch apart**
- Bake at 350 for 16 minutes