Last Saturday evening we boarded a plane bound for Chicago. Toad attended a conference and Bean and I took the town by storm. Here are the highlights:
- Long morning walks in the city wearing a very warm Bean in lieu of a coat, which I really should have packed. Brrr…..
- Lunch breaks with Toad in Millennium Park
- Yummy, yummy, yummy dinner at the Green Zebra. This was a small plate/sharing kind of place and man was it good. I LOVED the Cardamom Spiced Carrot Soup with pickled fennel, lemon crème fraiche, and candied ginger (got to try to make my own version) and Chickpea Tajine with medjool dates, toasted almonds, ras al-hanout and housemade pita. Yum.
- The Lego store!!!
- Hotel movies at low volumes so as not to wake the baby
- Room service
- Watching Bean charm everyone everywhere we go
- Playing in the Children’s Areas of bookstores