This was our special Mothers Day meal this year. Fantastic. I will certainly make this salsa again on any and all kinds of fish. Yum.
- 4 (3-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves, rinsed but not dried
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place salmon on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon zest. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, kiwi, cucumber, jalapeño, mint and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl and toss until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, with water still clinging to leaves, cover and cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining lemon juice. Divide spinach among plates. Top with salmon and salsa and serve.